Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Would like UI form fields to contain more than one line

Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:58 PM
Fredo

11 posts · Aug 2010
Denver US
Hi:

Under Atahualpa 3.53 viewed in Firefox 3:

In the user interface, areas where the user enters css styles are one line in height. This is generally ok, but many areas like CSS Inserts can have a dozen lines or more of css. I would like to suggest making the input boxes multiple lines at least where it can be expected that the user might input many lines.

In this thread, it was suggested to disable plugins to see if they are causing a conflict.
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8788

But I checked the code. Specifically, on the Footer UI page, the Footer Style textarea code is:
<div style="width: 732px;" class="mooarea">
<textarea name="footer_style" id="footer_style" class="growing" cols="60" rows="1" style="overflow: hidden; height: 16px; line-height: 16px; width: 732px;">...

I would like the rows="1" to be changed to rows="2" (or more) to indicate that I have multiple lines of CSS code hidden away in that field.

The only occurrence of 'rows="1"' is hard coded in the source at line 580 of functions/bfa_ata_admin.php. I changed the code to 'rows="3"' and to 'height: 48px;' and this expanded the input boxes vertically.

So I suspect this is a design issue as opposed to a plugin issue (please correct me if I am wrong.) Even if it is a plugin issue, it would be a good idea to harden the code/css against side-effects from plugins.

Thanks for looking at this issue,

Fred
Old Aug 25, 2010, 09:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Those CSS boxes are supposed to auto expand if there are more than one row in them. Some plugins keep that expansion from happening.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 02:53 PM
Fredo

11 posts · Aug 2010
Denver US
Hi:

I deactivated all plugins and tried again. The problem remained. Very strange. Suggestions?

Fred
Old Aug 26, 2010, 03:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't know what to tell you. Not sure if the PHP version could be an issue but you might check with your host just in case. It should be v5 or above. Maybe someone else has solved this.