Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Can not get blog tagline in the center of blog title

Old May 9, 2011, 02:54 PM
strikers041

18 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,
I was able to move the blog title to the center of the header by increasing the logo image margin but could not figure out how to get the blog tagline to be centered under the blog title. I have tried the margin and padding...but it just does work. url: leapfrogleapster2game.com . I use WP v3.1.1 and Atahualpa v3.6.4. Help is appreciated.
Old May 9, 2011, 03:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this in the CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
p.tagline {text-align: center;}
you can aslo use
HTML Code:
h1.blogtitle, h2.blogtitle {text-align: center;}
got the blog title
Old May 9, 2011, 05:06 PM
strikers041

18 posts · Nov 2010
I used the code p.tagline {text-align: center;} and it aligned the tag title to far right (I left it with this code so you can see). If I used the code h1.blogtitle, h2.blogtitle {text-align: center;}, it aligned the blog title to the right. Could it be because of the logo image I had there on the left? what I want is to have the blog title and tag title centered between my logo image and the right end of the header. Thanks!
Old May 9, 2011, 05:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well take the margin off the logo and the blog title and tag lines will both be centered.
Old May 9, 2011, 07:09 PM
strikers041

18 posts · Nov 2010
Hi Juggledad,
Thanks for your help. I thought of one thing but typed down another thing. What I really need is to have the blog title and the tag title centered between the WHOLE header (from the very left of the header to the right end of the header). Your codes work but it makes the blog title and tag title in the center between the logo image and the right end of the header. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks again.

PS: Is there also an option that I can re-size the logo image in the header? Thanks!

Last edited by strikers041; May 9, 2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old May 9, 2011, 08:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You will have to tweak the CSS to get the title and tagline positioned where you want but you can use the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts and adjust the postion by adjusting the width.
HTML Code:
.blogtitle, .tagline {
    width: 800px;
}
As for the header image there is a box in ATO>Style & edit Header Area for styling the logo.
Old May 9, 2011, 10:41 PM
strikers041

18 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks lmilesw. It works like a charm.