Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Styling problems

Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:16 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
This seems to happen every time I start a new ATA install; I have a bunch of CSS that's worked in the past, but I can't get these fixed on the current install... various oddball styling things that won't fix without a mess of fooling around. My usual tricks aren't working this time.

WP version 3.2.1, ATA version 3.7.1

Site: http://sameeskumn.com

Can't get the page background to appear;
Can't get rid of the gray dotted lines, or create a solid line around the pages menu;
Can't change the overall pages menu background color;
Can't make page menu Bold;
Can't get a background image to appear in bar1...

In CSS inserts, these things usually fix everything:

Code:
/* Page menu spacing */
ul.rMenu-hor li {
margin-right: 10px;
font-weight: bold !important;
}

/* Page menu background */

#menu1 { 
background: #042b4f !important;
letter-spacing:2px;
border: 1px #042b4f !important;
}

/* no dotted lines menus
========================= */

.menu-pages-container {
border: 1px #042b4f !important;
}

.horbar1 {
background: url(http://sameeskumn.com/wp-content/graphics/bar1.jpg);
}
In the past I've exported settings, deleted all ATA settings, and then re-imported - that's not fixing things either. Anyone having similar issues?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
One thing I quickly see is you are trying to style the horbar in CSS Inserts instead of the styling box for the horbar in Style and edit Header area which will take precedence.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Also the 'border' is missing the type (solid, dashed etc) plus the class is not one used by the theme
Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:22 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
One thing I quickly see is you are trying to style the horbar in CSS Inserts instead of the styling box for the horbar in Style and edit Header area which will take precedence.
I had it in the theme options **and** in the css after the options didn't work - played around with the background issues and got them working by combining some code; I'll keep on the borders issue - thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
where did you come up with the '.menu-pages-container ' class? it's not an Atahualpa menu class or the WordPressw menu class