Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] IE Access is Denied JS Errors on plugins

Old Feb 18, 2011, 02:09 PM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
[SOLVED] IE Access is Denied JS Errors on plugins

I just moved to a new host and everything is working fine except for two plugins when viewed in Internet Explorer. The Plugins are Comment Rating and WP-Postratings. I've attached pictures of the error messages.

Host suggests deleting plugins then reinstalling. My fear is if I try this I'll lose all my previous ratings data associated with these plugins for individual comments and posts.

You can see the issue using Internet Explorer on this page: http://biggeekdad.com/2010/01/tango-mike-mike/

Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ck-karma.js error.JPG
Views:	2493
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1168  Click image for larger version

Name:	jquery.js error.JPG
Views:	2423
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1169  
Old Feb 18, 2011, 02:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I suggest you contact the plugin authors
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:45 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I see no error on your site with IE
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:52 AM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
I think I figured it out about 20 minutes ago. When I moved my site over I was getting a bunch of 404 Page Errors after pointing old name servers to new name servers. Spent hours troubleshooting with Host and not really sure what part of several things we did fixed it. However, one thing we did do was change my site url in my WP Database…we added www. in front of the BigGeekDad.com. The tech I was working with said it couldn’t hurt so I figured sure why not.

Well, in reading up on why Javascript throws an access is denied error message in IE it appears to be some sort of cross domain security feature to prevent hacking. So, I was sitting here thinking that maybe the plugin was reading the www and that was causing the error. Just changed it back to not have the www and immediately the thumbs are working correctly after I flushed my cache plugin (Quick Cache).

So, this appears to have been the cause…now I just hope my site continues to load correctly without 404 errors which I think it will cause I’m pretty sure those were being caused by something other than not having www in front of domain name in database.