Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How to create a grid showing categories

Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:56 AM
ioster

18 posts · Nov 2011
hello,

I want to show my parent categories in a grid (and my sub categories in a grid then my products in a grid...).
I managed to have a page with the products in a category showing in a grid with the plugin "Category Grid View Gallery" but I found no solution for the category and sub-category page. Is it possible with Atahualpa or should I look for another theme?
Thanks in advance
Isabelle
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:02 PM
ioster

18 posts · Nov 2011
Nobody to help me ? My question is not clear enough ? (I am french so perhaps it is not clear)
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I managed to have a page with the products in a category showing in a grid with the plugin "Category Grid View Gallery"
you might try hacking this pugin and see if you can make it display theeh categoried and subcategories.

This is not something that is part of the theme. While you might find a theme that does it, I would guess most will not. So your best bet is to look for a plugin, code it yourself or hire someone to code it for you.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:27 PM
ioster

18 posts · Nov 2011
So I will try my first "hack" : I keep you informed of my success (or fail) ;-)
Thank you
Isabelle
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:02 AM
bitsanbytes

1 posts · Feb 2013
how about your hack is it working ioster