Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Submenus and different menus for sub pages

Old Jul 4, 2012, 06:05 AM
jimredmond

4 posts · Nov 2011
Hi all. I'm trying to set up a site so that a different top menu appears for each submenu. For example, alexandracollege.eu/150years.

This is a mocukup. I would like this top menu to appear for this section.

However, I would like a different menu to appear on top when I click on, for example, Senior School, on the left.

What I'm thinking is that I can have different installs of WP for each area, e.g.:
alexandracollege.eu/150years
alexandracollege.eu/senior_school

but this seems messy. Is there a better way? Also, is there a way I can force the top menu into the centre column so that it appears above the main content?

Thanks all and hope this makes sense!!
Old Jul 4, 2012, 08:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I wouldn't install multiple WordPress instances as that would indeed get messy. The options you have, as I see it, are...
  • Perhaps a menu plugin that provides this functionality
  • Using CSS to hide/show menus where you want
  • The above along with a new widget area and the Display Widgets plugin to show/hide the menu as needed
This is not a "here is the answer" issue and would take a bit of time to implement

Another option, which is probably the way I would go is have the same top menu on all pages and use a sidebar menu for the sub-menus. Or perhaps use a MegaMenu plugin like UberMenu from Code Canyon.