Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Category drop down menu's aren't working

Old Aug 27, 2015, 08:53 AM
geekprepper

6 posts · Dec 2013
Category drop down menu's aren't working

I know I set an option someplace and now my categories aren't showing the subcategories in the menu.

http://www.geekprepper.org/

Can someone give me a quick point in the proper direction, please?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you using the Atahualpa automatic menu or a WordPress custom menu?
Does the category have sub categories?

here is what I would do
1) go to ATO->Export/Import and export your settings
2) go to the next page of the ATO options and reset the options for that page
3) go to the front end and test - is it fixed -> NO go to step 2

now you know what page of options it was. Reimport the theme settings and go to that page and change the options till you find the one that is causing it.

Remember you can re-import the settings at any time to start over.

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 27, 2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 03:45 PM
geekprepper

6 posts · Dec 2013
It's a Atahualpa automatic menu. Yes there are subcategories.

I did as suggested and found the culprit in "Add HTML/CSS Inserts"

CSS Inserts:

#header {
overflow: hidden;
}

Does that make sense?

I was using that to keep my header image from being too wide for some browsers.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Does that make sense?
Absolutely - remember CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet and the cascading is important. That CSS says (in english) " for the element with an ID of 'header' and all it's children - hide the content if it overflows the element's box. Since the menu's are children of the element with the ID of 'header' and the sub menu elements are positioned to overflow - that statement hides them.

Normally I'd say to reverse it at a child element, but I just played a bit and it doesn't seem to unset it.
I'd try another way to deal with the header image
Old Aug 28, 2015, 07:56 AM
geekprepper

6 posts · Dec 2013
That was my thinking too. Thanks for the methodology to track down the issue. I never would have thought about resetting each page of settings at a time to find the problem. Thx.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 07:28 AM
horus79

13 posts · Apr 2012
I exported ATO settings from website 1, imported into website 2, saved all major settings pages, added images and favicons in all the right places.
Everything looks OK, except %cats is not showing on website 2.
Tried different combinations of %logo %pages %image %cats, with and without bars. Nothing makes %cats appear. Where should I look for solutions?