Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Improvements / suggestions for header widget area

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:51 AM
Joep Hein

2 posts · Jul 2009
Improvements / suggestions for header widget area

I am really thankful for the new feature to add a widget to the header of the theme.
Please find some suggestions for improvements below.

A <tr> element is missing in functions.php on row 323. It would be good to add one.
echo '<table id="' . $area_id . '" class="bfa_widget_area" style="table-layout:fixed; width: 100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>';

It is not really very easy to get the widget inside the %logo% area. Would it be possible to split the %logo% into smaller parts like %title&, %rss%, %search% so the widget can be placed in between? This way the header can be kept compact. Currently following modifications were needed to get the desired layout:

Add a div around the table for the header in functions.php:
echo '<div id="bfa_widget_div"><table id="' . $area_id . '" class="bfa_widget_area"

A <div> is needed because following style sheet entries do to work correctly for a table:
div#header_widget_div{position:absolute;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;left:500px;right:200p x;top:24px;z-index:1;}

And for IE it is needed to add the correct height:98px; too.

Results can be seen on our family weblog: hein.nu.
Note the effect when you make the browser window smaller (or when viewed under higher/lower resolution).

Last edited by Joep Hein; Jul 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM.