Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Need to fix sub-menus in IE6 ASAP

Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:51 AM
charlton

25 posts · Jul 2009
Sub menus are not showing in Internet Explorer 6 on Timberhouse website and my client wants it fixed now.

A similar enquiry with solution was made on this post but the answer provided does not tell me which files to edit.

Any help that can be provided is very much appreciated.

Customer is quoting Google Analytics numbers for IE6 visitors who are visiting the currently IE6 broken site. Yikes!

Update Thursday afternoon: I have removed the link on the banner to try as a temporary fix. I do not have immediate access to IE6 so if anybody could test the site to see if removing the link has fixed the drop down menu problem, please let me know. Again, thanks for your help. -John

Last edited by charlton; Sep 10, 2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 06:48 AM
charlton

25 posts · Jul 2009
Can anybody help me with this problem?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 06:21 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
They don't drop down in IE6. A javascript error "readLinked is not defined". I couldn't find the variable readLinked in the source code, it probably is inside a javascript file of a plugin.

IE6 needs javascript for drop downs. This is very likely an issue between the drop down Javascript for IE6 and some Javascript introduced by a plugin.

The drop downs work fine in IE6 in a default Atahualpa installation. Try disabling plugins one by one to track it down.