Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Unexplained large empty space between paragraphs in my published posts and p

Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:42 PM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
Hello out there,

I just figured out how to post a question here. That's how helpless I am )

I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.9. After I've edited and published my posts, I notice a big empty gap between paragraphs. My site: easy-hiker.eu Thie gaps appear between paragraphs in all posts and pages.

I've tried changing the settings in Body, Text and Links by playing around with the px settings of padding top and bottom with no effect.

I've tried editing it as html, also no success. I thought it might have to do with the picture size so I fiddled with that as well. Still no effect.

I've read somewhere in the forum that if I used a word processor to create the post, it might affect the lay out style, so I tried to use notepad instead. Also, no effect.

What makes the gap appear? Could this be a WP Atahualpa bug? Are there others out there who are experiencing or have experienced this and found a solution? I can be very appreciative of any help. Many thanks in advance.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 05:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I don't see any unusual gaps looking at it in Safari on the mac. if you look at '11 Pictures That Tell A Hiking Story — Sort Of' there is a gap after the picture of the Rhine, but your soruce shows a google ad is suppose to be there. Looks like you may have a problem with your google ads
Old Jul 13, 2010, 08:23 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks so much for the reply. I'm beginning to get the hang of Atahualpa configurations. With this Forum as my lifeline. But :

1) How and where did you and could I see this google ad that's supposed to be messing up my lay out? With HTML view?

2) how do I get rid of it?

I thought google ads are on the widget side, i.e. side bars. How did it get into the body text? Could it have to do with the link from Apture or my insertion of a wikipedia link?

Please take a look at the About page. There is this big space between the headline and the start of the first paragraph. How do I get the paragraph move up nearer the headline + insert photos. Initially, I put 2 photos (of us) in there. I took them off thinking that they were the ones messing up the lay out.

Would be very grateful for the resolution of this problem as it could delay launch of our site.

Easy Hiker
Old Jul 13, 2010, 08:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I took a look at the page, then saw the space, so I looked at the source of the page and looked where the space was defined in the HTML and saw what looked like a google ad.

How it got there I have no idea, it could be a plugin, it could be hard coded in the post. This is where you need to dig in and research it. If you want me to find out what is happening, send me a PM and I'll quote you my rates.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 17, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:16 AM
EasyHiker

55 posts · Jul 2010
A late but sincere thanks for your help. Eventually, I looked up what you hinted as the possible source of the problem and got it sorted out quickly. To put my money where my mouth is, I've made a donation.