Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Sidebar not displaying on blog page

Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:46 AM
jasontbedell

75 posts · Dec 2010
[SOLVED] Sidebar not displaying on blog page

Hello,

I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.3, WP 3.04, and have a static homepage. The site is litteacher.com.

I need the sidebar to show on the "Blog" pages (multi-post and single-post). I cannot have it display on the home page or any of the other pages that are fulfilling the function of a CMS.

When I have everything checked except Homepage and Frontpage, it does not display on the blog page.
When I check either homepage or frontpage, it displays on the Blog page and the homepage. Is there a way to prevent it from displaying on the homepage while allowing it to display on the blog page?
I have added the IDs for all of the pages that I do not want it displayed on and it seems to be working except for on the home page, which has an id of 2.

Would anyone have an idea why this is taking place?
Thank you for your help.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When using a static page you should just uncheck Frontpage and leave Homepage checked. Then add the IDs of any other pages you don't want it to show on. If you uncheck Homepage it will not show on the blog page. For more info read the text next to the check boxes for the sidebar.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:37 PM
jasontbedell

75 posts · Dec 2010
Thanks a lot! That solved it. I thought/hoped I was missing something simple.