Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Easy: Left-align headlines on multi-post pages but center on single?

Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:01 AM
Jeff G

39 posts · Mar 2010
This shouldn't be too tough, but I'm slow:

This is my site:
http://www.fuzzpodmusic.dreamhosters.com/news/

I'm trying to imitate this site*:
http://web.me.com/fuzzpodmusic/Site/News/News.html

Post headlines seem to default to centered, which is what I want on the single post pages, but not on the multi-post page.

Using
WP Version 3.0
Atahualpa 3.5.1

Thanks for any help!

--jeff

*Client wants the site to be in Wordpress for easy updating. I'm slowly developing a niche market recreating existing sites in WP, but it can be a slog.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 03:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I know of no way to do this other than set the the title not to display using Atahualpa Post/Page Options (You have to turn them on in ATO>Configure SEO). Then I would use H1 text for the "Title" and float the image to the left of it and the following text. Unfortunately you would than have to link that "Title" to the single post.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:14 AM
putakti

13 posts · Jul 2010
you can actually do that i think by adding a code in the

ATO -> Add HTML/CSS Inserts -> HTML Inserts: Header
and add a code like this

<?php if(!is_single()){?>
<style>
/*put your custom style here*/
</style>
<?php } ?>
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:40 AM
Jeff G

39 posts · Mar 2010
Hello. I tried following your suggestion, putakti by putting in this:

<?php if(!is_single()){?>
<style>
text-align:left;
margin-left:236px;
</style>
<?php } ?>

but it didn't do anything.

I also tried put in this CSS code:

.blog .post-headline {
text-align:left;
margin-left:236px;
}

To move the headline where I want it, but it shoved the centered headline over, taking the horizontal bar with it!

Thanks so much for everyone's help! If we can just draw the attention of juggledad, the jedi master, I bet this is easily solvable...
:-)

--j
Old Jul 26, 2010, 05:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Your CSS is cluttered with a lot of stuff - do you really need a
HTML Code:
body {

}
???
Why do you have so much extra?

you have some errors in your existing css. the last entry does not have a closing '}'
add this to CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
.blog .post-headline h2 {
padding-left:236px;
text-align:left !important;
}

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 26, 2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:08 AM
Jeff G

39 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks juggledad!!!

Yeah, I know the css is a big mess. Trying to imitate the other site exactly has been MUCH more of a pain in the ass than I expected. I've basically taken every bit of css code that it's using and copied it into mine. I think that site was made with something like Dreamweaver that adds lots of unnecessary crap. I'm systematically going through it all to find what's really needed, delete the rest.

Gotta go to my other job now, but I'll try out your solution later today.

Thanks again!

--jeff