Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

[SOLVED] Working in the WP Dashboard -- multiple tabs/windows??

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 6, 2011, 08:11 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
[SOLVED] Working in the WP Dashboard -- multiple tabs/windows??

The way I have Firefox set up a new tab very often opens as I move from area to area in the WP Dashboard, move to the browser view of an updated page, etc. Ultimately, I might have four FF tabs open:
Dashboard - Hatchtown Farm - WordPress
Edit Page - Hatchtown Farm - WordPress
Media Library - Hatchtown Farm - WordPress
Plugins - Hatchtown Farm - WordPress
Questions:
  1. Is the above situation dangerous?
  2. Am I correct in assuming that logging out of the WordPress backend in one of the tabs does not REALLY log me out if those other tabs are still open/active?
  3. Would it be best for me to simply close all BUT one of the active tabs and then formally log out in the final tab?

Jim