Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

bug report

Old Oct 2, 2009, 09:02 PM
ricky119

7 posts · Jul 2009
bug report

when i enable "Enable threaded (nested) comments (1-9) levels deep" in wordpress setting-discussion,
my page comment(i have enabled the page comment in Atahualpa) will display all the comments in last comment page, even i have already enabled "Break comments into pages with 19 comments per page and the page displayed by default"

when i disable "Enable threaded (nested) comments levels deep", the last comment page will display only 19 comments, then go to next comment page

the confusing is if i disabled "Enable threaded (nested) comments levels deep", there's no thread mode in comments

this bug is from 3.4.2 to 3.4.4

Last edited by ricky119; Oct 2, 2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 03:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
does the same problem happen if the '"Break comments into pages with 19 comments' is changed to say '5'?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 09:14 AM
ricky119

7 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
does the same problem happen if the '"Break comments into pages with 19 comments' is changed to say '5'?
yes, whatever which number i set
the problem is if i enabled both "Enable threaded (nested) comments levels deep" and "Break comments into pages with comments per page and the page displayed by default", the bug reprod
if i only leave "Break comments into pages with comments per page and the page displayed by default" and disabled "Enable threaded (nested) comments levels deep", bug disappeared.

i really need "Enable threaded (nested) comments levels deep" function, and need help here
Old Oct 3, 2009, 09:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you talking about the comments and replys? i.e. Lets say I have comments breaking at 5 and I have a post with 13 comments and the last three comments have 1 reply each. The first page of comments would show 5 comments, the second would show 5 and the last would show 6 (3 comments and 3 replys) Is this what you are seeing?

can you point to your url so I can see hwat is happening?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 05:14 AM
ricky119

7 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Are you talking about the comments and replys? i.e. Lets say I have comments breaking at 5 and I have a post with 13 comments and the last three comments have 1 reply each. The first page of comments would show 5 comments, the second would show 5 and the last would show 6 (3 comments and 3 replys) Is this what you are seeing?

can you point to your url so I can see hwat is happening?
sure, http://ricky119.com/chinesesupport/

here's my current setting in wordpress. the last page shows all the comments not 10
Enable threaded (nested) comments 3 levels deep
Break comments into pages with 10 comments per page and the page displayed by default
Old Oct 13, 2009, 01:57 AM
ricky119

7 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky119
sure, http://ricky119.com/chinesesupport/

here's my current setting in wordpress. the last page shows all the comments not 10
Enable threaded (nested) comments 3 levels deep
Break comments into pages with 10 comments per page and the page displayed by default
do we have any solution?