Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Weird stray code, characters

Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:01 PM
coolpillows

35 posts · Nov 2010
[SOLVED] Weird stray code, characters

I originally posted this on Wordpress's forum, but no reply in almost 2 days. I don't believe this is a Montezuma thing, but it appears to have originated when tried to do the patch around editing the Theme's admin>options>650_sub_templates.php file which I did on my live site and locally. I musta fat-fingered something on the local files b/c now I have some stray code appearing just below the admin bar. I replaced all of the admin>options files from the original theme's files, and even replaced everything from root wp-admin but no avail.

Being a local version of the site, I wouldn't care about the superficial stray code on the admin side, but I'm now finding when I try to update a page, I get no result except for a blank screen with nothing but that Bud1%...code appearing

2 images as samples:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coolpil...in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coolpil...n/photostream/

Apologies if this is unrelated to Montezuma, but y'never know. It may also be a MAMP thing for all I know.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I don't see any weird code, did the pictures get truncated?

Do you see this in the front-end or just the backend?
what happens in the front-end if you are not logged in?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:42 PM
coolpillows

35 posts · Nov 2010
DOH! wrong link (from another query I posted here)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coolpillows/8465830375/
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
are you on a mac?

it seems it it is caused by a .DS_Store file see this link
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:23 PM
coolpillows

35 posts · Nov 2010
yes i am on a mac
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Get a copy of tinkertools you can use it to see invisable files and check for a ds_store file