Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Position text widget to right of header image

Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:00 PM
capelady

50 posts · Mar 2010
I am converting an html only website to wordpress using Atahualpa 3.4.5.1. I have finally been able to add a text widget to my header, but it is positioned underneath the header image (see http://gardenlady.com.s52126.gridserver.com/wp/). I want it to be to the right of the image, and not as high as the image, but centered vertically (see www.gardenlady.com to see how it should look). I think it might involve div or span, but I'm not very familiar with them, so the things I've tried haven't worked.
The other thing is that I want the text widget to appear only on the home page.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 06:22 PM
capelady

50 posts · Mar 2010
Ok, I found the plugin (widget context) which allows me to show the widget only on selected pages, so I've gotten that part solved, thanks to the suggestions at the bottom of the page when I created the original post. Still need to align the text widget next to the header image instead of below it.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:09 PM
capelady

50 posts · Mar 2010
I still haven't figured out how to position a text widget in the header to the right of the image on http://gardenlady.com.s52126.gridserver.com/wp/

Here's the existing header code:

%image

<!-- Style wrapper for widget area -->
<div id="header-widget-area-container">
<!-- Add new widget area -->
<font color="#6633CC" size="-1"

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header Widget Area'); ?>
</font>
</div>

I tried putting them in a table, with the %image in one cell, and the rest in another, but the image disappears.

I need to make the text widget the height of the image and position it to the right of the image.
I have looked in the forums, both here and wordpress.org for something similar, but haven't found anything yet.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:11 AM
capelady

50 posts · Mar 2010
Ok, never mind. I finally got rid of Atahualpa's %image and coded the image directly into the header options and was able to put it, and the text box in a table 151 pixels high and designate the width of the cell with the text box as 200 pixels wide. I'm sure there's a more elegant way to do it, but since I didn't get any response to my question, it will have to do.