Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Isn't there a better way to display photos?

Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:13 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I think this is an age-old question in Wordpress. It's handling of images has improved somewhat in recent versions but it's still difficult to insert a number of photos in a neat layout. That's all I am asking. Nothing fancy. No flash.

I have tried NextGen Gallery and lazyest-gallery, and could get neither to work.

This needs to be very simple for a client who will be managing the site going forward.

Maybe it would be better for them to get a Picasa or some other account like that, and manage their photos through that, with a plugin that displays the photos from that account in WP.

Suggestions?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 01:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I find NextGen simple. What do you mean by "simple"?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:19 PM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I have never been successful in getting it to work. I haven't tried it yet on this version of ATA and WP but I will try.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 07:18 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
Just wanted to let you know that I got it to work easily this time. I don't know what the deal was.
It's going to be a challenge to organize the albums and galleries and figuring out how to display it so that it doesn't look like a crazy person designed it... but that's another issue!

Thanks!