Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget Area Not Showing

Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
Hi,

Site is www.theadventurebite.com

It used to have a widget area right above the older posts navigation strip, right under the header.

After I upgraded to 3.7.3 it is gone because it was in the area that the custom PHP code used to go that is now not allowed.

How do I go about getting this widget area back?

Thanks a bunch!

Dani
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It looks like it is still there but without the widget. Go to the widget area and see if the widgget area exists and put the widdget back in it and see what happens.

When you change themes (an update is like a changed theme) you may have to do some maintenance like this. Another area I've seen effected is if you use a custom menu. you have to reset it.

p.s. you should stay away from centering an entire post, IMHO it makes it hard to read.
on the farm life page at the bottom is a link to 'gardening take 2' which gets a 404

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 13, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:16 PM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
The widget area is still there under the widget tab and the Text widget's are in place to display the Amazon ads. The area to place the code to call the widgets though was in the Above the loop area I believe which is now gone with the update.....
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You will have to add it back in index.php