Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Cookies in Europe

Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:34 AM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
ATA 3.7.3...WP 3.3.1

Those nice people in the European Union are requiring by the end of May 2012 that sites have to show information to site visitors about any cookies and get their agreement before they can continue into the site.

I am using the excellent plugin from Civic Pride http://civicuk.com/cookie-law/index on a site www.floodproblems.co.uk

However has any thought been given to ATA theme having a built in procedure.

I understand from an earlier posting of mine that ATA does not use cookies but I think most of us finish up with at least one or more via plugins.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This would be a WordPress issue not a theme issue - you might want to post this idea over at wordpress.org as a WordPress core function.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:12 AM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
JD; you are undoubtedly correct but I still see this theme being a trailblazer and I believe my suggestion has merit but I will not pursue it if there is no developer/user support.
Old May 5, 2012, 05:44 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Yup,

I am looking into this as well as I am in the UK and our stupid government just laps up anything Europe dictates, anyway I have more than a few sites running under ATA and I keep coming across this cookie __atuvc can you confirm it's not from ATA please and also are you familiar with it at all.

Many thanks

Dave
Old May 5, 2012, 06:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
that cookie seems to come from glass.co.uk - a simple google search using 'cookie __atuvc' lead me to this information