Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Footer on Single Post Pages > some of it is missing

Old May 7, 2009, 03:13 PM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
I've placed the following code in the area for "Footer: Single Post Pages":

%wp-print% | %wp-email%| %sociable% | <strong> Categories:</strong> %categories-linked(' , ')% |<br /> %comments('0 comments yet, your thoughts are welcome!', '1 comment so far, be the next!', '% comments - be the next!', 'Sorry, comments now closed')%

But the "comments" section is not showing up on those pages at all, just the part up to the "categories". Any idea what's going on here and how to fix it?

http://lindafarmer.com/2009/04/twitt...following.html

Thanks!!
Old May 8, 2009, 05:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
get rid of the <br />
i.e.
%wp-print% | %wp-email%| %sociable% | <strong> Categories:</strong> %categories-linked(' , ')% |%comments('0 comments yet, your thoughts are welcome!', '1 comment so far, be the next!', '% comments - be the next!', 'Sorry, comments now closed')%
Old May 8, 2009, 06:17 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Thanks for your response, but actually there's nothing wrong with the line break code - it works on the home page post sections.

It is also included in the examples of the code to use on the customization page.

I had just inserted that before I posted this question to see if it made any difference. But it didn't - the comments section is still not showing up on the single post page.
Old May 8, 2009, 06:25 AM
designer666

24 posts · May 2009
I have an issue with my byline as well. In the single post page the author is linkable but in the homepage it is not. All I did was edit the homepage to show authors first and last name?

Any ideas.
Old May 8, 2009, 07:40 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The comments link doesn't display anymore on single post pages, following the Wordpress convention that on single post pages the comments link doesn't make sense since the comments are on the same page anyway. Technically it does not display because the standard Wordpress template tags are being used now for better plugin compatibility. In 3.3.3 a "Skip to comments" link was added instead.

For the author, what's the code you put into "BYLINE: Homepage" and "BYLINE: Single Post Pages"?
Old May 8, 2009, 07:48 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Flynn, thanks for the explanation of why it isn't working. I thought it was something I was/wasn't doing.

I'm not sure I agree with the thinking, but I guess we can always put a "Leave a comment" prompt in the post itself ...
Old May 8, 2009, 09:15 AM
designer666

24 posts · May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
The comments link doesn't display anymore on single post pages, following the Wordpress convention that on single post pages the comments link doesn't make sense since the comments are on the same page anyway. Technically it does not display because the standard Wordpress template tags are being used now for better plugin compatibility. In 3.3.3 a "Skip to comments" link was added instead.

For the author, what's the code you put into "BYLINE: Homepage" and "BYLINE: Single Post Pages"?

Here is my bylines
BYLINE HOMEPAGE:

By %author-firstname% %author-lastname% on %date('F jS, Y')%

SINGLE POST:
By %author%, on %date('F jS, Y')%
Old May 8, 2009, 09:29 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
None of these is supposed to display a link. If you want something that is linked you'd have to use %author-link% or %author-posts-link%, or construct your own link by using something like <a href="%author-url%">%author-firstname% %author-lastname%</a>
Old May 8, 2009, 09:54 AM
designer666

24 posts · May 2009
the single byline links to the authors community profile... (user-community plugin)
Old May 8, 2009, 11:43 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That means the plugin successfully hooks into the WordPress function the_author() which I am using for %author%. That's a good thing, I rewrote the whole post info section of the theme to allow plugins to hook into them.

The other items aren't linked because the plugin probably doesn't hook into the other functions used there.
Old May 8, 2009, 12:31 PM
designer666

24 posts · May 2009
is there a way to hook the author with their last name? Sorry i'm new at this.

Is it possible to have the authors pic show up in a post byline? with out having to use [printprofilepic] in the post.