Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Random Rotating Header Image with Javascript

Old Jul 23, 2010, 08:05 AM
Sven

32 posts · Aug 2009
New Hamphire, USA
Unhappy Random Rotating Header Image with Javascript

After seeing that this issue was noted as solved with Theme version 3.5.3, I installed this theme today...still no change in the behavior...A random image loads on each new page load, then the JS rotating images kick in, but it is always the first image that appears with the rest being in alphanumerical order (not random).

And each time you refresh the page or click any (internal) link this starts all over again (although interestingly the first header image that loads is random but then the script runs...)

...any ideas? Anyone?

http://blog.swansonphotosonline.com/
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Where did you see it was solved?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 03:55 PM
Sven

32 posts · Aug 2009
New Hamphire, USA
http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=94 and more specifically the included reference to the bug fix for http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7577
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The patch to show the images in a sorted order should be working. There is an enhancement that I'll be moving to the gold forums that will allow you to pick weather you want to see them in sorted or a random order

Atahualpa has always displayed a random image when only one image is shown per page. due to the way different OS's and servers work when using the rotate images option, some times they showed in sorted order and sometimes not.

The patch forces it to always use a sorted order

There is an enhancement that will allow you to select weather you want to have them sorted or show up randomly. It is currently in the diamond forums, but may be moved to the gold forums.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 05:22 PM
Sven

32 posts · Aug 2009
New Hamphire, USA
That would be good...I do really like the theme and thank all involved for your hard work, but would leave this feature out or off if a donation of the diamond level were involved...but I do hope this occurs, and if so, I would gladly use it (and donate accordingly)! Although... I do NOT want to have to customize the theme with code that will have to updated/changed each time I upgrade, etc)

On a side note, it is a great feature and I think you folks should put it out there for all as I think folks would gobble up atahualpa! I think it's far superior to any other theme I have seen!

Sven
Old Jul 27, 2010, 08:21 PM
Sven

32 posts · Aug 2009
New Hamphire, USA
Turned off the javascript option...does not work....
Old Aug 27, 2010, 07:27 PM
MickR

22 posts · May 2010
Hi Sven,

I managed a hack to prevent the 1st random image appearing - may be better ways but details here (read through the thread): http://forum2.bytesforall.com/showth...1185#post41185
Old Oct 23, 2010, 03:26 PM
Kruiskouter

2 posts · Oct 2010
I was just searching on the forum to solve the same 'problem' (yes I know its not really a problem, just a feature that I dont want )

If I get the requirement - its that the multiple headers are selected randomly, this makes navigating round the site a slightly smoother experience (ie. you don't start at the first header every time you click a link).

That what is what I wanted to happen anyway.

If this is possible via a configuration option, then sorry - I am a proper muppet!

But if it isnt - then this works...

In wordpress admin, go to appearance and edit themes

select bfa_rotating_header_images.php

Which is a smallish file, scroll halfway down until you see the line
sort($files);
and replace it with
shuffle($files);
And click on [update file] at the bottom.

That should do the trick.

I am a wordpress newbie - so forgive me if this is bad practise !

Regards
KK
Old Oct 23, 2010, 03:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This will be a theme option in 3.5.4
Old Oct 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
Kruiskouter

2 posts · Oct 2010
Super thanks!