Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Older Entries Link from Homepage gives CSS code in IE/Safari instead of page 2

Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:07 AM
soamelt

2 posts · Jun 2011
Older Entries Link from Homepage gives CSS code in IE/Safari instead of page 2

when i click "older entries" from my homepage in safari instead of .../page/2/ it goes to: /page/2/?bfa_ata_file=css which just gives a page of code instead of rendering the site.
i don't have IE but i'm being told it's not working in IE either.

firefox works properly.
manually typing in .../page/2 works fine.

i'm using Atahualpa 3.5.1 and wordpress 3.1.1

the site is: http://craziestgadgets.com

thank you
Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when did this start happening?
What did you change?

it happens in FireFox and Safari on the MAC.

Do you have all BUGFIX's for your version applied? (they can be found in the 'New Version & Updates' forum and sub forum)
--if not. apply them before we go any further and re-test

You might want to upgrade - do it manually so you can swap between versions
Old Jun 7, 2011, 07:55 AM
soamelt

2 posts · Jun 2011
checking my Google Analytics, there's a steep dropoff on "page 2" views exactly when i installed the theme about a month back. it's always worked fine on my own computer (mac/ff) so i never noticed the issue.

After trying and untrying a few things, and comparing this to my other sites which work fine with the theme, I switched the CSS from external to inline which fixed the issue (although it's slightly less than ideal).

The amount of bugfixes between my version and the current one is pretty daunting, I wouldn't even know where to begin and I'm hesitant to upgrade for now until 3.6.8 is out, as I have php in the theme settings and multiple sites.

Thanks for your response above. Above issue aside, I love the theme and the customizability.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:22 AM
awilder

3 posts · Oct 2011
We've been experiencing this problem, too. Running Atahualpa 3.7.1 on Wordpress 3.2.1.

The "Newer Entries" and "Older Entries" on the home page are intermittently linking to:
Code:
http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/page/2/?bfa_ata_file=css
or
Code:
http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/page/2/?bfa_ata_file=js
Rather than just:
Code:
http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/page/2/
As a result, when clicking on the link it shows the visitor the CSS or JS file, not the intended page.

We had WP Super Cache installed, and I'm guessing it might have been a conflict there? I just deactivated that and installed W3 Total Cache instead. Haven't seen the problem yet, but since it was intermittent anyway, I don't know if it's actually resolved.

I do not want to go back to inline css/js as a workaround.

Here's our list of active plugins. All are up-to-date:
Ad Squares Widget
Akismet
BackWPup
Collapsing Archives
Facebook Like Thumbnail
Google XML Sitemaps
Image Widget
Jetpack by WordPress.com
My Category Order
nrelate Related Content
Really simple Facebook Twitter share buttons