Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How do I get rid of the word "HEADER" in the header?

Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:05 AM
Owen Laws

5 posts · Nov 2009
Hi
Working on my first blog, please be gentle (I learn fast and take suggestions well):
The address (right now) is www.owenlaws.se/wordpress. That page is fine. But on the other two pages (Om mig, Arkiv), the word "HEADER" is right up at the very top middle of the page/header mocking me.

Can someone say how to get rid of it?

Thanks

Owen
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:34 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Your site is requesting a user name and password so I can't look at it.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 02:29 PM
Owen Laws

5 posts · Nov 2009
Sorry about that, that was a web hotel level password that I'd forgotten about because, for som reason, Safari ignored it/learned it.

Anyway, it's turned off now.

/Owen
Old Jan 4, 2010, 02:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahaulpa and WP?
have you made any changes to the code? like to header.php perhaps? around line 14?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:21 PM
Owen Laws

5 posts · Nov 2009
Hi Juggledad
Atahaulpa v 3.4.4
WP v 2.8.6

I haven't made any code changes directly, only through the Theme Options panel.
Among changes that may be relevant are in the Header Area/Style & Edit HEADER AREA. I changed spacing for different components in the header to negative values, such as these changes for
Blog Title:
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
letter-spacing: -1px;
line-height: 1.0em;
font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 240%;
(Default: margin: 0; padding: 0; letter-spacing: -1px; line-height: 1.0em; font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 240%

and for Search box (which I don't show in the header):
border: 0;
width: 300px;
margin: -8px -10px 5px 0px;
padding: 0;
(default: Default: border: 1px dashed #cccccc; border-bottom: 0; width: 200px; margin: 0; padding: 0

See attached pdf for all settings in this panel.

Funny, I just checked again and the problem is gone, in both Safari and Firefox. What I've done since I first wrote is:
-Updated and activated Akismet plugin
-Deactivated, uninstalled, and updated (but didn't activate) All in One SEO Pack plugin
-Installed (but didn't activate) ShareThis plugin
-Installed and activated WP-dbManager plugin
(After which I got this message, which didn't go away after I did what it said:
"Your backup folder MIGHT be visible to the public
To correct this issue, move the .htaccess file from wp-content/plugins/wp-dbmanager to /home/web74635/domains/owenlaws.se/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/backup-db")

-Installed but didn't activate WP Security Scan
-Installed but didn't activate WPTouch iPhone Theme

All of which is I presume totally irrelevant.

Funny thing is, I think this has happened before, where the "HEADER" text appears for a while, and then doesn't show for a while.

/Owen
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 100104 Atahualpa Options ‹ Engagemang — WordPress.pdf (243.6 KB, 2147 views)
Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it may be the All in one, activate it, see if there is an issue, then deactivate it
What's happening is the word 'HEADER' is being added to the html and it shows up just after some code for All in one
Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:19 PM
Owen Laws

5 posts · Nov 2009
Yep, activated All in one and "HEADER" came back.
I'm impressed, that was nice troubleshooting.

Got any suggestions for a simple fix? Or maybe I should just not use All in one? Should I use something else instead then?

/Owen
Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd go and get a new copy. That's not the way it should work, so first thing I would do is get a fresh copy to see if the problem goes away. If not, I'll take a look at it (tell me where you download it from)
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:16 PM
Owen Laws

5 posts · Nov 2009
Figured it out!
Went to Settings-->All in one SEO. One of the options there is called "Aditional Page Headers" with a text field to write things in. Somehow the word HEADER had gotten written there, beats me how. I can't imagine that I would have done it, but who knows.

Anyway, took away the text and the problem disappeared.

Thanks for the help, Juggeldad. I'll be making a donation in a while.

/Owen