Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Customization of Comments section not fuly taking

Old Oct 26, 2010, 02:02 AM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
Customization of Comments section not fuly taking

I am having issues customizing the comments section, specifically the submit button and the comments themselves.

I have the colors I want the submit button background and text to be in the ATO submit button area, but as hard as I try and as many combinations as I come up with, only the background of the button will change, not the button text color. This also happened on a blog I was working on over the weekend. http://shopwithmemomma.com/ The background of the submit button was supposed to be brown and the text a light pink.

I am also trying to get the comments to be text justified and have padding left, right, top bottom so that the commentator's words don't look like they are falling off of the background that is there, but I cannot seem to find what code to change or where to change it. The ".reply" button in the individual comments also need some bottom padding, buy can't figure out where to put it. firebug only gives me the td#table code to edit, but it doesn't really work for what I want. And can the comment text color be changed independently of the body/text/links colors?

Any ideas for me? (both theme and WP are latest versions as of 10/25/10)

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 26, 2010 at 02:48 AM. Reason: No political commentary
Old Oct 27, 2010, 09:01 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
Sorry. It was late. I was tired and frustrated.

The site is http://hardresetamerica.com. Look for a post with two comments or more (there aren't many)

And yes I know shop with me mama is offline. The client had payment issues with the domain registrar and they took the domain away. It is in the process of being fixed now. I hope. It's all out of my hands.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 04:46 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can fix this issue?