Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] tag, category pages are showing noindex,follow for robots meta tag

Old Nov 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
Schafir

3 posts · Nov 2011
Hi, i am running Atahualpa 3.7.1 on Wordpress 3.2.1 and I am having problems getting my site indexed by Google.
At first, all my pages had a robots meta tag set at (noindex, follow). Resetting the Wordpress privacy settings to allow all including search engines fixed the tags on my home and primary pages to (index, follow), but my tag and category pages are still set at (noindex, follow).

I am using the Headspace2 plugin which shows that the meta-robots setting is not checked for noindex on any of my pages (they don't give an option to set it for "Index"). ATO SEO options are set to "No" for "Use Bytes for all SEO options"

Is anything else in Atahualpa setting the meta-robot tags to (noindex, follow) on my tag and category pages? I believe these tags are preventing google from indexing my site.

Any other ideas on how to change?

My site is www.bestspaceheaters.us

Thank you very much.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try playing with the options at ATO->Configure SEO->Noindex Category pages? and Noindex Tag pages?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:24 PM
Schafir

3 posts · Nov 2011
Thanks Juggledad, but the problem persists.

I tried setting the options at ATO->Configure SEO->Noindex Category pages and Noindex Tag pages to both Yes and No with no change to meta robots tag (noindex, follow). I also tried this with "Use Bytes For All SEO options?" set to both Yes and No.

This is what I would have expected as ATO indicates that Atahualpa will ignore SEO settings if SEO options is set to No and might ignore anyway if another SEO plugin exists.

Any other ideas? Is there a way to just get rid of the meta-robots tag altogether?

Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:44 PM
Schafir

3 posts · Nov 2011
Juggledad, please ignore. I found the problem. I had a plugin called "Duplicate Content Cure" that was inserting the noindex tag on the tag and category pages.

Thanks for your help.