Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

"lost" the atahualpa login/register widget. can I get it back easy?

Old Jan 16, 2010, 02:03 PM
manyleaves

2 posts · Jan 2010
I "juggled" my sidebars a little, but I "lost" the Atahualpa login/register sidebar in the process. What I mean is I rearranged where some of the widgets appear on the right-hand side and I ended up with the old, default "Meta" login options.

Is there an easy to get back to the Atahualpa login options?

Bonus question, would someone mind explaining why this happens, please? I've figured out if I rearrange the sidebar widgets I always seem to get the default ones. This isn't much of a prob with most of the widgets, but if I want to edit them I can't figure out how.

Thanks very much

My site is below:

http://www.leangreenscene.com
Old Jan 16, 2010, 03:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is no 'Atahualpa' login widget. The only plugins that come with Atahualpa are
BFA Popular in Cat
BFA Popular Posts
BFA Recent Comments and
BFA Subscribe
but unless you deactivated the plugin that provides the login widget, it should still be in one of your sidebars or teh widget box(location of all the widgets)

Some widgets allow only one occurance and when you add them to a sidebar, they are removed fromn teh widget box, while others allow multiple occurances.

Check all your sidebars
Old Jan 16, 2010, 07:43 PM
manyleaves

2 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks, Juggle. When I installed the Ata theme, the meta sidebar widget just had three options. Register, login and one other. That's why I thought it had something to do with the theme. The default WP Meta widget appears to have five options, two of which are rss feed and comment.

Do you know why the meta widget options would have changed after installing the Atahualpa theme and then changed back once I started arranging the sidebar widgets?

BTW, I'm trying out a login widget, atm. Do you have any you like?

Thanks, again.

manyleaves
www.leangreenscene.com
(Please stop by and click on all the ads.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 08:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Once you add a widget to a sidebar the WORDPRESS default widgets go away. This is how WORDPRESS works, has noting to do with Atahualpa, it's the same with all themes. You now are in control and are making the decisions.

I just put a login link in my footer