Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Home link in Page Menu Bar

Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:08 AM
xaa

8 posts · Mar 2012
Hello,
I am using atahualpa latest verison with WPML.

How to change the home link, please ?
(Appareance > header area > menu1 (page menu) > Home link in Page Menu Bar)

My wp has 2 languages managed like this :
mydomain.tpl = english version
mydomaine.tpl/fr = french version

The problem is that if I am on the french version. the home link redirect to the root and not to domain.tpl/fr

Any suggestion, please ?

Thanks in advance ,
Xavier
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you asked the plugin author
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:27 PM
xaa

8 posts · Mar 2012
I thought I was on his forum oO
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This is the atahualpa theme forum
Old Mar 6, 2012, 03:26 AM
xaa

8 posts · Mar 2012
hello,

thank you for your reply. I have found some interresting information on the wpml forum.
but unfortunately the info is outdated.

May I ask to have a look on the following code
(copy/pasted from http://wpml.org/2009/08/multilingual...comment-152189)

maybe you can help me to make this modification on the latest atahualpa (3.7.3) ?

When visitors click on ‘Home’, they expect to get to the home page without switching language. Since each language has a ‘home page’ with a different URL, a single value for all will not work.

Normally, WordPress themes calculate the address for the ‘Home’ page based on the ‘Blog URL’ value set in the admin page. WPML created a function that calculates the correct home address according to the display language.

We replaced get_option(‘home’) with wpml_get_home_url(). Also, the get_option(‘home’) function returns the site’s localication without a trailing slash (/), so themes add it manually. WPML’s function includes this slash (there’s a long story behind this).

To do this change, we had to edit two files. Modified functions/bfa_get_options.php and change:
Code:
$bfa_ata['get_option_home'] = get_option('home');
into
$bfa_ata['get_option_home'] = wpml_get_home_url();
Also, edited functions/bfa_header_config.php and removed the trailing slash from the home page link:
'<a href="' . $bfa_ata['get_option_home'] . '">' . $bfa_ata['bloginfo_name'] . '</a>'
--> I don't find the code on bfa_get_otions.php with atahualpa 3.7.3

regs,
Xaa
Old Mar 6, 2012, 07:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you could try this, edit bfa_header_config.php and change line 35 from
HTML Code:
		echo '"><a href="'; bloginfo('url'); echo '/" title="'; bloginfo('name'); echo '">' . 
to
HTML Code:
		echo '"><a href="'; wpml_get_home_url(); echo '/" title="'; bloginfo('name'); echo '">' . 
Old Mar 6, 2012, 09:52 AM
xaa

8 posts · Mar 2012
thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately it doesn't work.

here the line about the homelink on my bfa_header_config.php line 53 (atahualpa 7.5.3)

Code:
echo '"><a href="' . $homeURL . '/" title="'; bloginfo('name'); echo '"><span>' .
regs,
xavier
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
there is no version 7.5.3 - do you mean 3.5.3 and is there any reason you are so far behind? why not upgrade?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 02:58 PM
xaa

8 posts · Mar 2012
I've the 3.7.3 version, sorry for this confusion
Old Mar 6, 2012, 04:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
oops, I had an old version open. Ok try changing that to
HTML Code:
echo '"><a href="' . $wpml_get_home_url() . '/" title="'; bloginfo('name'); echo '"><span>' .
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:38 AM
xaa

8 posts · Mar 2012
hello,

still not working. I am awaiting reply from wpml support.
but many thanks for your time