Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] NextGenGallery Upgrade Altered Config of Center Page Widget

Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:33 PM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
[SOLVED] NextGenGallery Upgrade Altered Config of Center Page Widget

I have just finished the design, development and creation of a new website for our very small church. I humbly ask you to visit my site for positive critical review.

I know there are some minor visual cosmetic challenges I need to overcome. Specifically, due to the recent upgrade of NextGen Gallery Slideshow plugin, I have a messed up my home page configuration and I haven't figured out how to correct it yet. In the upper right side center column, within a created widget area, it is now inheriting the style and colors of all widgets. How do I get rid of these inherited style elements and simply have the slideshow plugin centered within the widget area? Suggestions highly encouraged and welcome.

Please click on:

www.cambridgebaptistchurch.org

I look forward to your responses.

Moderators, if this is the wrong place for this posting, please feel free to move it.

Thank you,
Craig
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like your NG widget is centered in the right hand widget area Craig. Is this fixed now or is the problem something different?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:23 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
Hi Larry,

Thank you for the quick response and taking the time to look at the site. With a great deal of trial and error working within the code for widget areas, I was able to move the pictures from the far left or right and get it into the middle of the widget area. I think that will have to do and I believe it will work visually for all visitors.

As for the background and border inherited from div.widget, I've tried working with every CSS file I can locate with negative results. Honestly, I can live with it and wouldn't have accomplished what I did had it not been for this support forum.

Thank you again Larry.
Craig
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I fooled around with Firebug and came up with this CSS that you could put in the Atahualpa CSS inserts area. It may give you some ideas.
HTML Code:
#my_widget_area_fp_1 {
width:200px;
margin-right:10px !important;
padding-right:10px;
}
#my_widget_area_fp_2 {
width:155px !important;
}
#my_widget_area_fp_2 div.widget-title {
margin-bottom:10px !important;
}
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
OK Larry!

That is freak'n "AWESOME!" Exactly what I was looking for and very clean in appearance. You see, THIS is why I use Flynn's theme and love this forum. It's people like you that make this experience fun vs. suicidal.

Thank you and very much appreciative. I should have asked before spending 3 hours trial and error on it myself.

Craig
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Glad I could help Craig. I have a heart for small churches.

One other thing is to either set the min width to about 1270px or better yet set the site to a fixed of about 1000px. This will mean tweaking the width of your slideshow but right now if I make my browser window less that about 1270 the slideshow starts overlapping the right border and sidebar.