Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Slight page shift when adding inner sidebar to a single page

Old Feb 11, 2010, 05:15 PM
mmqc2

25 posts · Oct 2009
Hi

I apologize as I just don't know how to word this or search for it. My blog is at blog.camerajazz.com.

I have one page only - the 'This is me' page - on which I'm using an inner sidebar instead of no sidebar or the regular right sidebar.

I notice that when I bring up that page, my whole site shifts slightly to the right. If I'm looking at my logo for example, it 'jumps' to the right when compared to the other pages. By some trial and error if I change my sidebar width to 150 the page is ok. Anything less and the 'jump' starts happening. However I want this sidebar to have a width of 100.

Is this just a mystery or do have any idea of what I can do to prevent the 'jump' - maybe no-one would ever notice, but I think it looks unprofessional. Any help vastly appreciated!!!!

Nicole
P.S. Better this than my almost frantic post yesterday when I made the entire site disappear by trying to edit CSS. Luckily restored via FTP. I won't be doing that again!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 06:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm not seeing the logo shift. I opened your main page in one tab, the 'this is me' in another and when I switch between the two, it is rock steady.

that said, the page shifts because of the sidebars and I wonder if you are looking at an otrical illusion, your eye thinke the header shifts??

Osx Safari
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:34 PM
mmqc2

25 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks this ended up being a browser thing. Doesn't happen in IE or Firefox.

It's so small that I'm not going to go crazy trying to straighten things out between one browser and another - but thanks for you response. Always appreciated.

Nicole