Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Can I make my page menu bar look like my web site?

Old Mar 12, 2009, 01:57 PM
susanowm

2 posts · Mar 2009
Can I make my page menu bar look like my web site?

I am trying to make my blog look like the rest of my web site. I have the header image figured out, but I am struggling with the page menu bar. I have my web site menu/navigation bar built as a table with links to each page. Can I insert this in the blog and be able to reference pages outside the wordpress folder, as well?

Thanks for any advice!!
Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
BigG

26 posts · Feb 2009
Hi there, I am doing the same thing.

I have it partially figured out, but not completely. I'll tell you what I know so far, since you don't have any responses yet.

The way you'll have to do it is apply the same style (background color, background image, etc) to the Atahualpa menu system as what is on your current site. I think it would be difficult to impossible to drop in another menu system.

You do the styling through the css, which from what I've learned so far can be done by:
a) editing the style.css file located in wp-content/themes/atahualpa/style.css
b) adding styles to the CSS inserts area, located in the Atahualpa Theme Options, HTML/CSS Inserts area.

I was able to get a custom menu background and rollover states to match an existing website by adding this code to the CSS Inserts box:

Code:
/*background for menu bar*/

ul.rMenu, ul.rMenu li {
background: url(path-to/your-image.jpg) repeat-x;
}

/*Background for rollovers*/
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:link, 
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:active, 
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:hover, 
ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:visited, 
ul.rMenu li a:hover

{
	background: url(path-to/your-image.jpg) repeat-x;
	}
I pulled the same image that the website uses for the background with a direct link. I seem to remember trying to upload and use an image form the images folder but it wouldn't work.

main site: http://easycareinc.com
blog: http://easycarenews.com

Still have a lot of work to do! Hope that helped you, though. Good luck & post if you discover any neat tricks.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 05:08 PM
susanowm

2 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks for the help...I can use all I can get. I've gotten the page to look acceptable now...though not identical.

I called on my daughter (aka, the web goddess...and that was not simply her mother's opinion!). She had me go into the header.php, find the Header section and 'comment out' (<!-- Header -->) what was there...then add all of my code from my web site. Here is the result. Hope you can decipher this...I find it difficult as I am an 'occasional novice' and forget everything between updates! She neatly wrote in directions for the clueless (me, that is) to know where to insert my button code(<!-- put your buttons after this line -->). I was able to refer to my image in the image/header/ folder. There may be other ways to do this, but it worked, so I am happy. I still have to adjust the fonts and link styles, but I'm waiting till she has a few spare moments to walk me through this, as well.

Hope this helps you out, as well.

<!--[/b][/b][/color] Header -->
<!-- <td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $cols; ?>">

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata_configure_header); ?>

</td> -->
<td id="header" colspan="3">

<div class="header-image-container" style="background:url(http://thestrategicchoice.com/wordpr...ing_Pharma.jpg) top left no-repeat;"></div>

<!-- put your buttons after this line -->
<style type="text/css">
#buttonbkgd {
background-image: url(http://thestrategicchoice.com/wordpr...ckground.gif);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: left;
position: absolute;
width: 100%;
left: 1px;
top: 112px;
z-index: 4;
visibility: visible;
border: #000000;
}
</style>
<div id="buttonbkgd" class="nolinelink">
<table width="100%" border="1" align="left" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" class="nolinelink">
<tr>
<td width="12%"><div align="center"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"><strong><a href="//www.thestrategicchoice.com" id="homelink" class="nolinelink">Home</a></strong></font></div></td>
<td width="14%"><div align="center"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"><strong><a href="//www.thestrategicchoice.com/aboutus.htm" id="aboutuslink" class="nolinelink">About
Us</a> </strong></font></div></td>

<td width="14%"><div align="center"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"><strong><a href="//www.thestrategicchoice.com/ourservices.htm" id="ourserviceslink" class="nolinelink">Services</a> </strong></font></div></td>
<td width="16%"><div align="center"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"><strong><a href="//www.thestrategicchoice.com/casestudies.htm" id="casestudieslink" class="nolinelink">Case
Studies</a></strong></font></div></td>
<td width="18%"><div align="center"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"><strong><a href="//fixing-pharma.thestrategicchoice.com" id="resourceslink" class="nolinelink">Fixing Pharma</a></strong></font></font></div></td>
<td width="12%"><div align="center"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"><strong><a href="//www.thestrategicchoice.com/resources.htm" id="resourceslink" class="nolinelink">News</a></strong></font></font></div></td>
<td width="14%"><div align="center"><font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif"><strong><a href="//www.thestrategicchoice.com/contactus.htm" id="contactuslink" class="nolinelink">Contact
Us</a></strong></font></div></td>
</tr>
</table>

<!-- buttons should be above this line -->

</td>

<!-- / Header -->