Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Multiple current-menu-item tags on home page

Old May 5, 2011, 09:07 AM
sawyerjw

24 posts · Dec 2010
Eastern PA, USA
I'm using Atahualpa 3.6.4 on WP 3.1.2. The URL for the site in question is: http://storage-brain.com

When on the home page, the Home menu tab is colored as the active tab, as it should be. The Resources tab, however, is also colored as the active tab, which looks a bit weird. Looking at the generated code, I'm seeing that both tabs have been assigned classes "current-menu-item" and "current-page-item" even though logically only one of them should have those classes assigned.

If you go to any other page on the site, there is only one active tab, so this glitch only occurs on the home page. I've searched here and not found anything on this, aside from a couple of screen shots that show the same problem.

Is this a known bug, and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks,

John
Old May 5, 2011, 10:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you got all the BUGFIXs applied? (New Versions & Updates)
Old May 5, 2011, 10:41 AM
sawyerjw

24 posts · Dec 2010
Eastern PA, USA
I've not applied any since I last downloaded it. When I originally downloaded 3.6.4 I applied bug fixes and blew it out of the water. I redownloaded and it's been working since. That was probably about 2 months ago.

I'll check and see if there are any I need to apply and go from there.

Thanks,

John
Old May 5, 2011, 01:24 PM
sawyerjw

24 posts · Dec 2010
Eastern PA, USA
Patches applied and the problem persists. I applied the patches to my development site which is identical theme-wise to the live site I cited earlier:

http://chontest.com/SB-V2

Thanks.
Old May 5, 2011, 03:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Is the resource page your home page?
If so go to the menu 1 (page menu) options and blank out thE 'Home link in page menubar' option
Old May 5, 2011, 04:13 PM
sawyerjw

24 posts · Dec 2010
Eastern PA, USA
No, but you gave me the clue to the problem. This was a little "feature" left over from the previous version of the site. The Resources tab was a custom link pointing to an anchor on the home page.

Thanks for the help,

John