Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Page Menu broken - appears as a list

Old May 5, 2010, 04:34 PM
deuxetoiles

44 posts · Dec 2009
Hi,

I deleted the page menu from the header area while I was building the structure of the site (by deleting "%pages" from the Configure Page Header field) until I was ready to style the page menu.

When I "reactivated" it (by inserting "%pages" again), it showed up, but not as a menu. It appears as an unordered list.

See here: http://www.abecedarienne.com/fonts/

I haven't changed the page menu styling at all, so I don't understand how it got messed up.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also -- you see how the Blog Tagline is to the right of the logo image? That's messed up too and I don't know why.

Thanks for your help,

- Amy
Old May 5, 2010, 06:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It seems like that happened to me and it was a plugin conflict. If you deactivate all your plugins does the menu look OK?
Old May 5, 2010, 09:41 PM
deuxetoiles

44 posts · Dec 2009
Alas, that wasn't the problem, but thank you.

I have 2 plug-ins going: pageMash and Contact Form 7 and neither is the problem. I deactivated them separately and together and it had no effect.

Still looking for a solution...
Old May 5, 2010, 10:33 PM
deuxetoiles

44 posts · Dec 2009
Okay, this is weird. Not sure how it happened...

I was styling the blog elements (kicker, footer, etc.) and the page menu started working again.

But now all of my transparent PNG images have a light gray background color! WTF!?

I've used this theme for a few other sites and never had problems like this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old May 5, 2010, 10:40 PM
deuxetoiles

44 posts · Dec 2009
It seems that whatever was blocking the page menu styling was blocking the image background color as well. I just went in and took off the image background color and the transparent PNGs are like they were before.

So this just leaves one weirdity:

Not only is my tagline off to the right of the logo, there is a text/button for the comments feed hanging further off to the right.

Any suggestions?

Again: http://www.abecedarienne.com/fonts/
Atahualpa vers. 3.4.6
WP 2.9.2
Old May 6, 2010, 05:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the tagline normally is to the right of the logo. If you want it somewhere else, you will need to position it with CSS.

button for comments feed? Where, what page, where on the page?
Old May 6, 2010, 05:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To take care of the tagline issue why not just incorporate it into your logo image?
Old May 6, 2010, 10:20 AM
deuxetoiles

44 posts · Dec 2009
Okay, well, everything seems to be under control.

Recap:

- I don't know how the menu healed itself, but it happened while I was styling the blog.
- I found the control for the comments rss feed icon and turned it off, so I didn't have to worry about why it was hanging so far to the side
- I made the logo smaller to accommodate the tagline (which I wanted as live text for seo purposes)

So I cannot say the issues were solved but they were adjusted to my satisfaction.

Thanks!