Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

menu not centered in IE8

Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:04 PM
gabbybuzz

13 posts · Dec 2010
I'm using Atahualpa 3.7.3, WordPress 3.3.1
site is http://lakenormanwomensailors.com/

The menu is not centered in IE8. I tried a couple of different code changes I found in the Forum, but none worked. Please advise.

Also, I have an extra little box to the right of the Home Box on the Menu bar. It doesn't show up in the inner pages, but I can't find what it is. Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
are you using '%page-center' in the 'Configure Header Area' option?

also the box is a link to page-id-54 - do you have a page with no title?

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:13 PM
gabbybuzz

13 posts · Dec 2010
Not using "%page-center"

Yes, I have a page with no title because it was the only way I could figure out how to get rid of the word Home as the Page title. It appeared just above the Welcome To......I know I'm doing this wrong.

Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you want the menu centered on teh page, use %page-center if you are using the automatic Atahualpa menu, the blog page will be called 'Home' or what every you call it at ato->MENU 1->Home link in Page Menu Bar
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:19 PM
gabbybuzz

13 posts · Dec 2010
OK. Two things:
1. How to set width of the Menu Bar to match the width of the header image? Do I use a % instead of fixed pixels for the Header and then what for the Menu Bar?
2. How to set spacing for Menu Bar since IE is still cramming everything together? I tried some code I found in the Forum, but it didn't work.

Thanks so much Juggledad.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you will need to add some CSS to add padding (right or left) to spread it out. Get the extension FireBuf for Firefox so you can adjust the CSS on the fly to see what will work best.