Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

getting "your theme needs to be fixed for plugins to work..." message

Old Oct 24, 2013, 02:23 PM
quellcrist

1 posts · Oct 2013
i am getting this message:

Quote:
Your theme needs to be fixed for plugins to work. To fix your theme, use the Theme Editor to insert <?php wp_head(); ?> just before the </head> line of your theme's header.php file.
when i go to the header.php file it looks like this:

Quote:
<?php

global $montezuma;

echo bfa_parse_php( $montezuma['subtemplate-header'] );
with no closing tag...

so i tried putting it in the head section, where it says insert code before the </head> tag, but that doesn't make the warning go away either. and plugins seem to be working fine...

anyone else getting this? montezuma is up to date.

thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 04:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Does this happen on all plugins or just a particular one?

wp_head() is in head.php - do you have that in your install?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 03:51 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
The problem isn't with Montezuma, the problem is with the plugin, and the "error" is benign. It's trying to scan the header.php file for a call to wp_head(), but it's not there because it's in head.php. The same thing was happening with the Acurax Social media plugin as described in this thread. Deactivating the plugin made the error disappear.