Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How do i get in the ftp file and change the header picture? Change font colo

Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:03 AM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
I am setting up my new food blog using the Atahualpa theme and have a few questions:

1. I downloaded the FTP file in my plugins and activated it but still have no idea how to get into the file to change the rasberry tree picture to my own picture. In the left side of my admin page I see the following:

Atahualpa Theme Option
Plugins
Settings

How do I get to the FTP file?

2. How do I change the grey color of the font of the header and post headings to a different color?

I went into the Atahuapa Themed Option, clicked on Style and Edit Header Area, and clicked on the grey box in Blog Title Color to choose another color B6B6B6 but when I saved it, it still default to the grey color 666666.

3. How do I get my header to center instead of lining up on the left side?

4. Can I move my page menu (Home, About, Recipes etc.) to the center on top or the bottom of the header (rasberry) picture so it is easier to see? It is too hard to find being in the left side upper corner.

I donated $20 and will be happy to donate more if you can help me set up my blog. You can view my blog at www.delicateflavors.com.

Thank you so much for your help.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:23 AM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
It's me again. In the left side of my admin page, under Themes, I also have the Editor option which I can get into files like these:

Stylesheet (style.css)
Header (header.php)
bfa_rotating_header_images.php

Is this where I can change the codes?

The pictures I want to use for the header are currently in my computer. How do I upload them to the header?
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:57 AM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
OK. I found My FTP in the Setting and downloaded the pictures I want for the header. Now how do I replace the rasberry pictures with the pictures in MyFTP file?
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:23 AM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
I am in My FTP and it says to upload images to current path which is

/home1/delicat5/public_html

I tried to upload the pictures into
http://www.delicateflavors.com/wp-co...images/header/

but it won't let me.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:37 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
My FTP? Did you install an FTP plugin? Which web hosting company are you using? Did they install Wordpress for you? To use an FTP program, you need the login username and password for your hosting account, which will probably be different from your Wordpress login.

Your web host probably has some tutorials about how to manage your files. You can go and read more about how Wordpress works at wordpress.org. I'd suggest this if you're planning to manage your own site, because you'll need to understand the basics, and more.

Alternatively, you could hire somebody to either teach you, or do it for you. Our own Juggledad, forum moderator, is a whiz at all of this. I've hired him for a couple of things, and I couldn't be happier with his work.

To answer your main question, if you have an FTP plugin or program, and you can see the remote folder where the file should go, you should be able to drag it over. You also need to remove the existing image files from the /images/header folder, because Atahualpa just cycles through whatever it finds in that folder.

I'd advise against messing with any .php files via the Editor options, because you can do a lot of damage if you don't know what you're doing.

Last edited by paulae; Jan 20, 2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:56 AM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
I am using bluehost.com and installed wordpress from their site. I installed Ftp as a plugin.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:01 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
bluehost uses CPanel. With its file management system, you can FTP files into your Atahualpa folders. I'd suggest doing it that way rather than the MyFTP plugin, because, in my opinion, MyFTP makes it too easy to wipe out a whole folder or even a whole site.

You should view the File Manager instructions for bluehost's CPanel.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:25 AM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
Thank you so much for helping me. It must be frustrating for you too that I don't know much.

OK. So I downloaded Filezilla from my bluehost cpanel and saw that I can copy files from my computer to a remote site. I now have my own site delicateflavors.com in the remote site but how do I get the atahualpa header folder to be in the remote site so I can transfer the pictures there?

Also, can you show me how to change the font color on the header and headings?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:38 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
You need to delete the 3 images that are already in the /images/header folder on the remote site. They came with the theme. Then you need to upload your new image or images to that same folder. You already have Atahualpa and all its folders on your site, or we wouldn't be seeing them via our browsers.

To change colors of different types of headers, just spend some time looking at the various theme options. There are many places to change colors, sizes, etc. I could tell you exactly what to do, but you're better off learning by doing. Just don't forget, after making a change, to hit the big green Save button.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:39 AM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
OK. I think I am making progress. I was able to find the atahuala header folder in the remote site and saw the 2 rasberry tree pictures there. I copied my own pictures in the folder but when I go to my website. I still see the rasberry pictures only and not my own pictures. What should I do to get my own pictures to show up?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:43 AM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
OK. They showed up now. You just can't see anything because the pictures are too big and in the wrong size. I just have to figure out how to make the pictures fit the header.

Yay! I did it!

How do I change the font colors? Please tell me how.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:02 PM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
I was able to change the header pictures but I still cannot change the color of the font or make it center.

I went into the Atahualpa Theme Options and chose Style and Edit Header Area. I then clicked on the grey box under Blog Title Color and chose a light green color B6B6B6. The code inside the box shows B6B6B6 but after I clicked on Save Changes, the default color is still the grey color 666666. How do I change the default color to B6B6B6?

Also, how do I get the Blog Title to center instead of aligning to the left. My site is

www.delicateflavors.com

Please tell me how.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 03:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
to change the color of a Post's Headline, go to ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Links and change the line 'color: #666666;' (666666 = grey) to the color you want (00FFFF is a blue)

To change the hover color, go to ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Links: Hover and change the line 'color: #000000;' (000000 = black) to the color you want
Old Jan 21, 2010, 03:51 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Your method should have worked. I don't know what to tell you except to try again, make sure the new color is showing up in the color picker, and Save.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:20 PM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
After I picked the new color, the box remained grey with the code B6B6B6 so when I save it, it still save the grey 6666 number. Is there another place I can enter the code manually?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:38 PM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
Woo hoo! I did it! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was clicking on the big box of color before. I clicked on the smaller color box to the right and that did it for the header.

Now, how do I change the font color for the Tag Line and Post Headings? I really hate that grey color.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:00 PM
lmt

29 posts · Jan 2010
Colorado
I did it too. I changed the font color for the Tag Line and Headings. The first time I put a code #B6B6B6 in the Tag Line box, it did not change to green and stay the grey color. Then I put the code CC0000 instead and it changed it to red. I don't know why so all I can say is if you put in a color code and it won't change, try another color.

Thank you for your help. I an OK for now. If I have more questions, I will be back.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 03:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the color of the boxes in the backend, will not change colors if you type in the hex value UNTIL you click on one of the other boxes.

Glad your all set for now, have fun blogging