Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Issue with menu animation in IE ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 18, 2010, 02:37 PM
jmc34

19 posts · Oct 2010
Issue with menu animation in IE ?

Hi there,
I am new to Wordpress and themes and I first want to say that I am hugely impressed with the general quality and level of customisation offered by the Atahualpa theme.

I am doing a website for my bike club (push bike) and I am giving a try to Wordpress (and Atahualpa). Once I got my head around the concepts (and with a fair bit of Googling), I was quite happy with the results...

But then, I got a bit disapointed when I opened the site with IE (instead of Firefox)... Yes, I know who would do that!!! Unfortunately, my biker friends are not all techies and Joe Blogg is even less techie...

I am using WP 3.0.1 and Atahualp 3.5.3.

Here is what I have in Firefox...

As you can see, everything is fine (especially in the "red zone" that I hace highlighted).

Then in IE, here is what I get...

As you can see, the menu border went a bit crazzy...
Then, there that extra pixel between the bottom of the menu and the bar at the bottom...

After a few moments trying various options (and pulling hair), I narrowed this down to the "NEW Animate Page Menu Bar" option in the menu section of the theme set up/customisation.

When I turn this option to no, IE starts behaving again...

This is obviously not a massive issue for me, but I thought I would raise it in case there is a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Jean-Michel