Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Atahualpa conflicting with LayerSlider Responsive jQuery Slider Plugin

Old Jul 17, 2013, 07:08 PM
adventurepaul

8 posts · Oct 2012
I am using the LayerSlider Responsive jQuery Slider Plugin found here:

http://codecanyon.net/item/layerslid...-plugin/922100

on the homepage of my website found here: http://bit.ly/15NQEdO

However, when using Atahualpa Version 3.7.12 - the Video does not appear. Only the sound plays. The video is hidden (maybe) behind a black screen.

When I switch themes, the plugin works and the video plays. Am i having a conflict with java or jquery?

Any recommendations? Thank you
Old Jul 17, 2013, 07:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Link to web site gets a 'coming soon' message
Old Jul 17, 2013, 07:46 PM
adventurepaul

8 posts · Oct 2012
My apologies - I had the Under Construction Plugin activated. (Forgot because I was signed in as Admin). Should be public now if you're available to take a look. Thank you.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 08:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Are you using the jQuery slider plugin your link goes to or this WordPress plugin from Code Canyon?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:29 AM
adventurepaul

8 posts · Oct 2012
You're right - it's the Wordpress Plugin. I had bought both and linked to the wrong download.

I also contacted Kreatura yesterday (the plugin maker) and they responded with this:

Hello,

As far as I can see, there is a custom script that is trying to resize the videos on your site. The videos in your slider are getting 0 x 0px dimensions, so they are there actually, you just can't see them.

If that script is belongs to your theme, please contact with the theme author about how you can solve it.

The file:
<pre>http://www.thisisitentertainment.dreamhosters.com/?bfa_ata_file=js</pre>

What does that file do for my theme? Is it safe to remove or alter?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:38 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I just installed that plugin on my test site and it works fine. How did you implement the slider?

I created a new widget area and used a plugin that allows shortcodes to be used in widgets and then added the text widget to the new widget area with the shortcode.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:25 AM
adventurepaul

8 posts · Oct 2012
I have it on the homepage with the shortcode:

[layerslider id="1"]

When you installed and tested on your site.. were you using Vimeo video or an image slide show? The trouble I'm having is with video not displaying correctly.

When I switched themes, the video displayed correctly (switched to Twenty Twelve)
Old Jul 18, 2013, 02:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Vids didn't work for me either. If you delete (or just rename the js.php file in the Atahualpa folder the vid will work but I am not sure of other implications, if any and you would have to do this after any upgrades to the theme.

I tried this with some other themes and got varied results so there may be something amiss in the plugin as well.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 04:49 PM
adventurepaul

8 posts · Oct 2012
@lmilesw - thank you for your help. Renaming that js.php file worked. I chose that route versus deleting so that I can make sure that there are no other implications, like you mentioned. I will come back and update this thread if I discover that changing that file causes any problems. Or I will update and verify after a few days that I discovered none.

If anyone else reading this is aware of a problem that renaming/erasing that file might cause, please bring to my attention so that I may look specifically for it.

Thank you.
PAUL
Old Jul 18, 2013, 09:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Off hand the only thing I think might be affected is if you were using the built in rotating header images.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:53 AM
adventurepaul

8 posts · Oct 2012
Gotcha - I am not using that rotating header image. So far no problems what-so-ever removing that file. However, I will update this post to verify after publishing the site.

Thanks again for your help.