Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] automatically adds "-2" to my permalinks - every time I edit or post new pag

Old Jan 9, 2011, 05:59 PM
northcoastimports

13 posts · Jan 2010
[SOLVED] automatically adds "-2" to my permalinks - every time I edit or post new pag

I'm having some problems with my permalinks. WP is adding a "-2" to the end of all of my permalinks - even when there is no other page with the same name. Every time I post a new page, and every time I edit, it puts a "-2" after whatever I type in the permalink window.

I don't have anything in the "Trash," all of my pages are published, and I can't change the permalink back.

If I change to a completely new name, it will work ok... but even if I try and change it back to the name that I need it adds "-2"

Any help?

It is only occurring on one installation:

www.northcoastimports.com

Here's an example of an edited page:
www.northcoastimports.com/cc/8dm/8365-2

UPDATE: Apparently, it only occurs when the permalink is a number. I just created a new test page with the permalink "test" and it worked okay. I also created a new test page with the permalink "9999" and it added a "-2"

Last edited by northcoastimports; Jan 9, 2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: more info
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What do you have set at dashboard->settings->permalinks?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:29 AM
northcoastimports

13 posts · Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What do you have set at dashboard->settings->permalinks?
/%postname%/
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you have any seo plugins that might be messing with this?
temporally swap to the twenty-ten theme and see if the same thing happens.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 09:54 AM
Maeve

10 posts · Jun 2009
Arkansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Maeve
This seems to be related to a problem that I'm having with Permalinks so I hope it's all right to put it here.

I have several links that have started going to the Dashboard (If I'm logged into WP) or to the WP login page if I'm not.

The links are on this page: http://americanenglishdoctor.com/wordpress/?page_id=14

I'll use the first link for an example.
b,d,h,j,k,l,m,n,p,r,t,v,w,z
Instead of going to the specified link:
http://americanenglishdoctor.com/wordpress/?page_id=124

it automatically inserts /wp-admin/:

http://americanenglishdoctor.com/wor...n/?page_id=124

What can I do to stop that from happening? The links used to work properly.

I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.4.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You need to look at your .htaccess file and see what is in it.

If this just started happening, what change did you make to your site? Did you add a new plugin? That could be cause it.

Try swapping to the default theme, if the issue still occurs, it's not theme related.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 01:06 PM
Maeve

10 posts · Jun 2009
Arkansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Maeve
Never mind!

I was able to go back into the page and edit the links. How that "wp-admin" ever got into the path beats me.

Thanks