Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

how do I put a %bar2 in the footer

Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:47 PM
juandrah

24 posts · Jul 2009
How do I enable %bar1 and %bar2 in bfa_footer.php so that I can enter them into Appearance=>ATA=>Footer=>Style and Edit Footer=>Footer Content to make the header and footer stylings match?

Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is no automatic way, but if you look at the generated code, you could find the code that is created and put that in the footer
Old Feb 2, 2010, 07:01 PM
juandrah

24 posts · Jul 2009
OK, here's my answer. It is a hard code change which allows me to enter %bar1 and %bar2 into ATO=>Footer=>Style and Edit Footer=>Footer Content

In ATO=> Appearance=> Editor=> bfa_footer.php

add the following code anywhere (I preferred at the top just after “global $bfa.ata, $post”)

Code:
// Horizontal bar 1

if ( strpos($footer_content,’%bar1′) !== FALSE ) {
$horizontal_bar1 = ‘<div>&nbsp;</div>’;
}

// Horizontal bar 2

if ( strpos($footer_content,’%bar2′) !== FALSE ) {
$horizontal_bar2 = ‘<div>&nbsp;</div>’;
}

$footer_item_numbers = array(
“%bar1″,
“%bar2″
);

$footer_output = array(
$horizontal_bar1,
$horizontal_bar2
);

$footer_content = str_replace($footer_item_numbers,  $footer_output, $footer_content);
New, different style bars (%bar3, %bar4, etc) can be created by defining them in css.

Also note that by adding any of :

Code:
“%pages”,
“%page-center”,
“%page-right”,
“%cats”,
“%cat-center”,
“%cat-right”,
“%logo”,
“%image”,
into:

Code:
$footer_item_numbers = array(
and correspondingly adding:

Code:
$page_menu_bar,
$page_menu_bar,
$page_menu_bar,
$cat_menu_bar,
$cat_menu_bar,
$cat_menu_bar,
$logo_area,
$header_image,
into

Code:
$footer_output = array(
any of those features become available as options in ATO=>Footer=>Style and Edit Footer=>Footer Content as well

Notes:

On first try %page-center and %cat-center are broken and needs a tweek, however, I see no need to repeat these menu bars in the footer. This is, however, a good springboard to add a separate custom navigation bar in the footer if needed/desired by creating a new function using bfa_hor_cats.php or bfa_hor_pages.php as a template.

While they are NOT broken, the same goes for $logo_area and $header_image. They can be used as templates to create an advertising space in the footer where clickable link images can be placed. Also using $logo_area allows for the RSS feed with icons in the footer as well.