Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Put AddThis in Kicker or Footer

Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:54 AM
nick51

54 posts · Oct 2009
Put AddThis in Kicker or Footer

I've added the addthis script
<?php do_action( 'addthis_widget' ); ?>
to my kicker and it does not show up. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

site is http://www.hackmyaxe.com

Thanks, Nick
Old Apr 18, 2010, 06:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
need more info -
what plugin?
what versions of Atahualpa and wp?
any error messages?
where did you get the code from?
have you checked with the plugin author?
Old May 10, 2010, 03:07 AM
Faffe

22 posts · May 2010
Sweden
I have a problem with getting AddThis to display correctly in the footer (wp 2.9.2, Atahualpa 3.4.6).

As previously stated on the forum, when using the php snippet, the div tag makes it start on a new line. When I try the inserting the code as a span instead, instead of staying in the footer box, the AddThis icons form a tall column extending down from the footer.

It would be great to have a %addthis% tag working like the %sociable% tag does. Maybe it would be possible to make the links bookmark the individual post, instead of the displayed page (on multi-post pages)?
Old May 10, 2010, 05:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
are we talking 'page' footer or 'post' footer?
Old May 11, 2010, 05:55 AM
Faffe

22 posts · May 2010
Sweden
Post footers. Otherwise the post tagging would be tricky :-)
Old May 11, 2010, 06:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
where did you get the php snippet from? I'm not seeing it in the addthis documentation. When I install the plugin and activate it, I get the share code at teh end of each post.

this is the 'AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget' ver 1.5.4 plugin correct?

Last edited by juggledad; May 12, 2010 at 06:29 AM.