Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Changing order of page menu bar

Old Apr 20, 2009, 06:25 PM
ofpeb

9 posts · Apr 2009
Hello,

My site is www.bestbooks4children.com. I need to change the order of the headings in the page menu bar. When I go into 'Atahualpa theme options' and click on 'Page Menu Bar' and then go to 'Sorting Order of Page Menu Bar' it says, "Change the page order at Manage -> Pages -> Click on page title -> Page Order)." How do i get to Manage > Pages? Or is there another way of changing the order of the page menu bar?

Thanks, joe
Old Apr 20, 2009, 08:38 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
When you edit or create a page there's a box named "Attributes" on the right hand side, and inside of that there's a text input field named "Order"
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:12 AM
idg

21 posts · Mar 2009
Seattle, WA
"My Page Order" Plug-In also works with Atahualpa if that helps, but if you can do it without a plug-in like Flynn points out, go for it.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/my-page-order/
Old Apr 21, 2009, 03:10 PM
ofpeb

9 posts · Apr 2009
Thank you!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
Marge

10 posts · May 2009
Is there an updated way to change the menu order ? I can't see anywhere to do this. I tried using the new menu setting but it doesn't seem to apply.

I am using 3.6.7. and the latest version of wp.

Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
look at the themes menu options you can change the sort order there
Old Jan 2, 2012, 06:48 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
look at the themes menu options you can change the sort order there
You mean in the Atahualpa theme options? I don't see how to reorder Pages menus there. It just refers to "Manage>Pages...."
Or do you mean in Appearance>Menus?

Thank you, Doug
Old Jan 2, 2012, 07:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ato->Menu 1 (Page Menu)->Sorting order of Page Menu Bar
Old Jan 2, 2012, 08:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The menu order is either done by reordering the pages that make up the menu or by dragging the menu items to where you want with the new WP menu system.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:12 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
Quote:
ato->Menu 1 (Page Menu)->Sorting order of Page Menu Bar
That's is where I started, but I don't see how to reorder anything there. It only offers two choices in a pop-up menu: menu_order or post_title. What else do you see that I could use?

Thank you,
Doug
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The information to the right of that box tells you how to sort.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 06:11 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
The information to the right of that box tells you how to sort.
To the right it says:
"menu_order - Sort the pages chronologically, as you created them (Change the page order at Manage -> Pages -> Click on page title -> Page Order)
post_title - alphabetically"

So it will sort chronologically, as I created them. If I want to reshuffle the order I should go to "Manage...". Where can I find this mysterious "Manage"?

Thank you!
Doug
Old Jan 4, 2012, 07:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
in the wordpress dashboard when you create/edit a page there is a 'page attributes' section with an 'order' box. This is a wordpress feature, not theme related. Atahualpa just allows you to use that order or the page names.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:07 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
Quote:
in the wordpress dashboard when you create/edit a page there is a 'page attributes' section with an 'order' box. This is a wordpress feature, not theme related. Atahualpa just allows you to use that order or the page names.
Thank you. That got me looking closer at the Pages page and I realized there is a WP help item on the Page Attributes, which explains entering a number other than zero to reorder the Pages. It worked.