Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

How to integrate pages with categories

Old Jan 28, 2011, 04:46 PM
MWilson

5 posts · Jan 2011
I want to be able to use a plugin like Category Page http://pixline.net/wordpress-plugins...ess-plugin/en/

The plugin says after installing the theme needs to be tweaked like this:

Quote:
This example refers to the default theme, Kubrick.

1) Open archive.php and find lines #8-9:

2) Change them into:

if( function_exists(page2cat_output)): page2cat_output($cat); else: ?>
I don't see an archives.php so how do I get this to work in Atahualpa?

Or is there a better way to make posts show up under a page?

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...=category+page

This looks like it might do what I am looking for but maybe not exactly. I want something where I can make a post and it will show up under the page in that pages directory the same as it would in a category.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That's a pretty old plugin and doesn't look like it's being developed any more. I use List Category Posts for the same function and all you need to do is put a piece of shortcode in a post or page.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:21 PM
MWilson

5 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks lmilesw, that is close to what I want. I would like to have the post to have a permalink with the /page name/post name/ so it looks like the page is the directory that all the posts are under. I can do this by giving the page and the category the same slug. That seems to work but I don't know if that could cause problems with search engines or anything.

And I would prefer that the list of posts would look like like they do in a normal category page under the body of the page. With excerpts and thumbnail image.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:29 PM
MWilson

5 posts · Jan 2011
Or if there was some way to put page content at the top of a category without having to insert it into a php file and redoing it every time I upgrade themes.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have used that plugin to show excerpts and thumbnails (featured image)