Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Template for Weekly-oriented posts/pages

Old Jan 8, 2012, 02:13 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
Template for Weekly-oriented posts/pages

(note: changed to correct the credit to STB and include links to STB template)

I've been using the "STB" (from STB) template to display posts based on categories. Excellent template, and I asked if there was a way to display a week's worth of posts in date order (Sunday through Saturday). STB said (in effect) "you can modify the template to do that" -- with the emphasis on 'you'.

(Info about the STB template is here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=11329 )

So I did.

The attached template ("Weekly Posts - rickheck version of STB template") will do just that:

- display a week's worth of posts, in Sunday to Saturday order
- include links to previous (or next) weeks
- shows all posts for a week on the page
- includes the rest of your WP page 'look' ; content is displayed in the center area

To use, place the template file (in the attached zip) in the base folder of your Atahualpa theme folder. Create a page, select the "Weekly Posts - rickheck version of STB template" template. Then optionally create a custom field called "Custom Query", with a value of "category=<categoryname>". The <categoryname> is the actual name of the category you want to display - note that the value should not contain any space characters.

Save the page, then view it. You should see only posts for the current week.

This site uses the template for the weekly "Views" and "Mail" pages (select from the View or Mail manu item): http://jerrypournelle.com/chaosmanor .

Go forth and enjoy.

Rick Hellewell
Attached Files
File Type: zip rgh-weekly-template.zip (4.6 KB, 996 views)

Last edited by rickheck; Jan 9, 2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: corrections to template authors; link to STB template added
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:29 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
Actually, I knew that.....sorry STB....I thought of that late last night; need to change the template to credit you.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 06:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
For those that read this in the future, I created a 'Custom Query' template in June of 2010. STB published his custom query template in November of 2010. His template has some improvements over my template, even his write up is more detailed than my original work.

Rick, it is nice to see that you are giving STB credit since your version is based on his. It's too bad STB can't do the same.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 4, 2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 06:24 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks for helping with the correct credit of the STB template.

I've changed the original message of this thread, and included the correct credit information in the template. The corrected template has been uploaded to the file in this thread.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 06:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ummm Rick, you forgot to attach your template
Old Jan 9, 2012, 06:31 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
aargh.....uploaded again. <sigh>