Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

Atahualpa RSS feed not working with event organiser plugin

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old May 18, 2012, 08:19 AM
Alex49

3 posts · May 2012
Hi,

I am having problems making my RSS feed work with the plugin I am using ("Event organiser"), which is a great plugin for a blog with mostly only events posted. The problem is the rss feed provided by atahualpa refers to posts, while I would like it to refer to the events in my blog. The plugin documentation provides code for the rss feed to do just so, but I cannot seem to find where I should put that code within the atahualpa theme's RSS feed options to make it work.
Is there a way out of this?

By the way, thanks for your great theme and great forum - reading it has helped me out of most of my previous difficulties!

My blog's URL (still a work in progress!) : http://b-a-ba.info
Old May 18, 2012, 09:53 PM
lmilesw

9,972 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What do the plugin authors say to do?
Old May 20, 2012, 01:17 AM
Alex49

3 posts · May 2012
Well, looking deeper into it I realize this might not be an Atahualpa issue.

If I understood right, the plugin suggests I put a <?php eo_get_events_feed(); ?> instead of the default Wordpress one - which I read in the Wordpress codex should be something like <?php bloginfo('rss2_url'); ?>. But I cannot figure out how to do so, and where to find it.

Is there anything I can do through the Atahualpa settings, or could you redirect me to the right place?

Sorry to take your time!

Last edited by juggledad; May 20, 2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old May 20, 2012, 03:12 AM
juggledad

21,712 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
There is nothing in the settings to do this. You will have to search thru the code to find it.
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
Old May 20, 2012, 03:33 AM
Alex49

3 posts · May 2012
OK, I wil try.

Thank you for your answer!