Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Footer issues

Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:37 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
I have created a 3-celled custom footer widget, along with a full-width footer background image, but I'm having issues specifically with the custom footer widgets.
I've tried adding custom css to style the widgets and have only been partially successful.
I set the width at 330 (in the footer options where I created the widgets), so there is room in between the widgets, and I've tried numerous versions of table id's and divs in the custom CSS to adjust padding, but I can't get any space between the widgets at all. What am I doing wrong?

URL is www.teendrivingsolutions.com, I am using WP 3.3.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.3.

Thank you.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the exact code you used to create the widget?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:10 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks .....

</td></tr></table></div></div>
<div id="divfooter"><div><table id="tablefooter">
<tr><td>
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=footer_widget area&align_1=9&align_2=9&align_3=9&cells=3&width_1 =330&width_2=330&width_3=330&before_widget=<div id="footerWidget1" class="footer-widget1 %2$s">'); ?>
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, when you make a multi cell new widget area you are actually making a table with (...wait for it...) cells! Inside the cells (<td>'s) there are <div...>s and this is what you want to address

You want to set some padding on the id "footerWidget1" and 2 and 3

However looking at your code for some reason backslashes are being added in (????)
HTML Code:
<div id=\"footerWidget1\" class=\"footer-widget1 widget_text\">
Only a few people have had this happen and I have no idea what is going on.

could you send me a PM with an admin ID/PW so I could poke about?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:14 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Hi Juggledad, I was just wondering if you'd had a chance to look at this yet? Thank you!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you not get the PM I sent you?
I just wanted to make sure I could play and not mess up anything 'live'
I have to go out now for a couple hours but will check in when I get back.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the backslash's in the code are caused by the PHP option 'magic_quotes_gpc' being set to 'on'.
you need to edit the php.ini and add
HTML Code:
magic_quotes_gpc = off