Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

How do I correct a WP code problem related to my comment box?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:11 PM
epicworld17

11 posts · Jan 2012
Comments How do I correct a WP code problem related to my comment box?

Hello,
I was told to check with my server regarding a coding problem that is causing my comment box not to work properly. (Right now the "Leave a Comment" Link jumps to the comment feed in the upper right hand corner. Readers can subscribe to the comment feed, but cannot leave a comment.) My web host told me how to access the files and edit the coding, but I need a WordPress tech to tell me how to correct the coding. Shall I copy and show you the code that is in the .htaccess file of the parent folder? There are also comment.php files . Shall I post copies of that as well? Or can you show me how the code is supposed to look? It would help me if you could see how my malfunctioning code looks, so I can see what needs to be fixed and how.

Background. I switched from Twenty Ten to Atahualpa a few weeks ago. When the comment box stopped working, there was not even a comment link or box showing on Twenty Ten. But it had been working with 20-10 before. Now, on Atahualpa, there is a link, but it doesn't work. I used to have an actual box, not just a link. Someone said that with too many comments, it's not good to have them under each post. But that's never been a problem for me, and I got lots of comments. I am using 3.21, and have been unable to update to 3.31. The URL of my blog is http://epicworld.net/blog.
Thank you for your help.