Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Home page renders old version of the page when not logged into dashboard

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:50 PM
vinceesq

32 posts · Jun 2011
Home page renders old version of the page when not logged into dashboard

Happy New year to everyone!

I was hoping someone might help me with the following issue:

I recently changed a home page for two of my websites. They used to show a static page instead of recent posts. Now, I switched over to showing recent posts, and I also changed the header graphics. When I am logged into the dashboard, the home pages shows the newest latest version of the changed home page. However, when I log out of my admin panel, the home page renders kind of "old cached" version of the home page, still showing the static page, and the info in the right side bar is completely missing.

I first thought it might be a caching plugin that keeps rendering the old cached version of the home page. I have since removed the caching plugin (Hyper cache extended), but the issue persists. If it's not the caching issue, then I guess it must be a theme issue, which somehow still "remembers" the old version and keeps rendering it, but only when I am not logged into my dashboard. Once I log in and refresh the home page, it gives me the new correct version of the home page.

I updated to the latest version of the theme for one of the websites to see if this might be an issue, but to no avail. Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks in advance for all and any help.

Best,

Vince