Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Center widget not showing

Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:26 PM
harty

28 posts · Sep 2009
Hi.
I followed instructions to create a centre widget area.

The widget 'item' is there for me to drag/drop something in [which i did]. But the contents of the center widget does not appear anywhere on any pages etc.

But I did get the header widget to work first time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the URL?
What version are you using?
Where did you put the widget code?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:25 PM
harty

28 posts · Sep 2009
Hi Juggledad.

I have placed

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Center widget1'); ?>

In various places within the index.php file.

No widgets appear in the dashboard - no matter what I do. I refresh the pages 4-10 times between applying the code, deleting and trying elsewhere.

I am using WP: 3.2.1
Atahualpa: 3.7.1

My aim is to have three widget areas, side by side, on the bottom of the front page - equally spaced apart in a 500px-wide area. Each widget will be 160px wide.

Hope you can help.

Thank you.

Harty.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 02:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Center widget1'); ?>
Will create one widget area, if you want three separate areas, you must have 3 different names.
If you want one widget area with three cells, then you must use the 'cells=' option of the new widget area. If you want to control their size, then you use the 'width' option.

this is documented on the 'new widget area' options page