Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Images Displaying Larger than Actual Size in Posts/Pages

Build custom WP THEMES, without
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:29 PM
3 posts · Oct 2011
[SOLVED] Images Displaying Larger than Actual Size in Posts/Pages

I've searched for an answer both on the forums and search engines and can't seem to find an answer as to why my images aren't displaying correctly. I don't know what exactly is causing the problem so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone's experienced something similar when posting images.

The Problem:
Photos of different pixel widths are all displayed at the same width in my posts and pages when I select "full size."

For example, I have an image of dimensions 550x413 and one of 600x400 and insert them both at full size into a post. When viewing the post, they are displayed at the same exact size (which is actually larger than the image size itself. If you right click>view image you'll see the size shrink). It seems the images are getting upsized, so to speak.

Atahualpa settings:
Layout max width = 800
Right Sidebar width = 250

I'm not sure where to find out exactly what the center column width is but I believe it's about 650.

I've tried tweaking all of the settings I can think of in both Atahualpa and Wordpress and am at a loss as to what's causing this.

I'm using Atahualpa 3.6.7 and Wordpress 3.2.1. Here's a page with some example images sizes:

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful to hear them.

Thanks so much in advance!

image, photo, problem, resizing, too large