Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Change Custom Field display in page editor

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Sep 4, 2011, 02:00 PM
kdawes01

90 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
In the WP page editor, I sometimes use a new Custom Field to put in some html or javascript into a page using a shortcode so that the visual editor doesn't muck things up... Works fine..

However, the Custom Field area is very small vertically, and if what you are placing there is larger than the box, you get a vertical scroll bar.

Is there a reasonably easy way to make the action of the Custom Field boxes rid of the scroll bar and instead expand vertically to encompass what you have put in the box?

Thanks!
Ken
Old Sep 4, 2011, 03:19 PM
juggledad

21,714 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
That is a question for WordPress.org, but I'd put money that it is a jscript controlling it.
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
Old Sep 4, 2011, 09:47 PM
lmilesw

9,974 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In my installation the custom fields do expand. Maybe you have a plugin that is preventing this from happening.